Monday, February 10, 2014

DÍA BONITO


And after a three-year hiatus, Notes from the Canopy is back online! The public's anticipation was palpable. And no sooner than my first day back in South America since 2010.

It is a beautiful morning in Lima. I'm sitting by a floor-to-ceiling window in a 14th-floor apartment which looks out on the Costa Verde. Ginny and I just wrapped up breakfast - coffee, cheese and papaya. It's dry, warm and fairly clear, and you  can see several miles out on to the Pacific. Barren rocky isles in the haze. Right outside the window a few vultures hover at eye-level, riding that ocean breeze. Below is a skate park with a statue of John Lennon and a couple that has been making out for hours.

The place belongs to our friends Matteo and Perla, who are at work. They are rad people and amazing friends (Perla also helped me get my last job), and we are so stoked to hang out with them for a week. Brenny gets here on Friday! I also managed to get in touch with this guy Pepe who took me to that insane wedding reception last time. It's funny -- Lima is massive but this is the same neighborhood I stayed in when I first arrived here in 2010.

Some of you have asked me to post my itinerary, so I'll be doing that soon. That's it for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment